Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Health and safety" requirements to address big enough chairs for fatties

You can tell I didn't make this up because it's just so unbelievably pathetic.

The OH&S drones who insist on accommodating the least deserving are now turning their attention to the width of chairs in offices.

They obviously don't actually care about the health and safety of the workers in question otherwise why encourage them to be fat lazy slugs with butts that don't fit on people chairs? Why not just use the Japanese method of morning PT?

Well, I've had enough of this. I'm going to pump up my Swiss ball so I can get a decent core workout instead of slumping into my chair. Did you know that office chairs are required to have backs for lounging in? Using a Swiss ball full-time is a violation of OH&S because you might actually get some exercise and there's an according risk of injury. The company is now selling frames to put your ball in so you can mimic exercise without actually risking any real challenge to your body.

Luckily my boss knows if I accidentally get some exercise I won't sue - I'll just suck it up and take a rest day on my lounge chair if necessary.

1 comment:

hey.hana said...

That's so ridiculous! Good for you for not listening to the man ha ha